US that make all possible efforts to get rid of terrorism, is firstly screening its own authorized agency. The man who secretly accessed Al Qaeda’s Yemen branch and directed to plot a new kind of underwear bomb to blow up a United States-bound airliner, was a double agent, as per US reports.
The report made public just after two days from the announcement made by the White House that an alleged plot by Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) had been successfully prevented.
An official source told reporters that the double agent managed to spend weeks with AQAP before handing over information that allowed the United States to launch a drone strike on Sunday that killed Fahd al-Quso, a senior figure who was wanted for the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen.
It has been said, a bomb that plot was joined into “custom fit” underwear that would difficult to detect even in a careful pat-down at an airport.
A failsafe blast, being used in case one detonation method was unsuccessful, was totally different from last failed Christmas Day 2009 plot bomb that set by AQAP to blow up an airliner en route to Detroit.
A high-grade military explosive that “undoubtedly would have brought down an aircraft” was disrupted by a Saudi intelligence that played an important role, took the explosive to Saudi Arabia.
After analyzing the seized explosive by FBI experts yesterday, they declared “The device has the hallmarks of previous AQAP bombs” was an updated version used in the failed Saudi’s top counterterrorism official 2009 attack and same year Christmas Day attack.
Source said, officials acknowledged AQAP remained determined to strike and its master bombmaker, Ibrahim Hassan Taleh Al-Asiri, was apparently hard at work seeking to circumvent airport security.
Asking about Al Qaeda’s determination, US secretary of state Hillary Clinton said, “They keep trying to devise more and more perverse and terrible ways to kill.”
Moreover, an alleged plot was earlier disrupted by a spy, but still the question is that where the bomb was found.