Microsoft roll out updates for built-in Windows 8 apps
Microsoft, the world’s largest software giants seems to take final touch to its latest launch Windows 8 OS as the company announced updates for several built-in apps in Windows 8, enhancing performance and reliability improvements.
In the list of apps, including Skydrive, mail, messaging, photos, maps, news, travel, weather and Bing are come first, while Bing app is the first to get the update, the rest other apps will be later during launch of Latest Window 8 on October 26.
However, starting from Friday, the Window 8 users can download updates from the Windows Store, while existing users will be alerted by notification and download freely.
Meanwhile, futuristic devices will be come with pre-loaded updated apps, have been shared with PC makers.
The lists of some updates are:
• largest local content and images search results
• Rewards integration
• Zooming on
• File picker usage to select an image from Bing
• Modifying folders & files names
• New first-run experience
• Custom sort order
• Crop and Rotate
• New auto-curated slideshows
• Viewing on network locations in your Pictures Library
Mail, Calendar, People, and Messaging
• Inbox Conversation view
• Complete IMAP support
• Accepting and declining email invitations
• Capturing and updating your account picture
• Search for a contact within the Messaging app
• Bird’s eye view
• 3,000+ indoor venue maps
• Improved navigation
• Driving Guidelines
• Improved customization